Marrakech, Morocco.... sounds exotic, doesn't it? Explore and experience the sights, sounds, and secrets of the Red City with your guide, Maryam Montague, who will take you on an unforgettable, once in a lifetime journey.
We'll spend a week together exploring the city, eating amazing food, empowering young girls, shopping, and riding camels. You'll learn Arabic calligraphy and Moroccan cooking. You'll learn about Moroccan wines with a guided wine tasting. You'll spend a decadent day at La Mamounia relaxing by the pool and enjoying spa treatments. A morning yoga session in an olive grove. A chance to be "decorated" by a talented local henna artist while sipping hand-crafted cocktails.
DECEMBER 9 – DECEMBER 15, 2017
- 7 days 6 luxurious nights at Peacock Pavilions, double occupancy
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at Peacock Pavilions or in town (meals all included)
- Round-trip airport transfer
- Transportation for day excursions
- Welcome reception with cocktails & canapés
- Welcome dinner with wine
- Dinner in Marrakech with belly dancing
- Moroccan design and shopping talk by Maryam
- Personal shopping tour with Maryam
- Signed copy of Maryam's award winning book, Marrakesh by Design
- Morning volunteering at Project Soar
- Professionally guided tour of Medina including historical sites
- Moroccan cooking class at the city's premier cooking school
- Movie night in the outdoor cinema with bonfire, popcorn and hot drinks
- Day-trip to Essaouira incl. camel rides
- Yoga class with yoga teacher at Peacock Pavilions in our beautiful yoga tent
- Arabic calligraphy class
- Moroccan wine tasting
- Luxury spa day
- Tribal chic Moroccan party with henna painting, cocktails, canapés and a special surprise
- Farewell dinner
ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED BUT
- Alcohol with meals
- Mini Bar in room
- Shopping budget!
Price: $ 2950, per person double occupancy. $900 supplement for single room
Peacock Pavilions is a handmade, artisanal boutique hotel in an olive grove on the outskirts of Marrakech. Peacock Pavilions was designed and built by American author, blogger and designer, Maryam Montague, and her American husband, Chris Redecke.
The boutique hotel consists of 3 pavilions; as well as a luxury tented bungalow. There is also a pool, an Arabian dining tent, outdoor cinema, yoga tent, outdoor gym, and terraces overlooking the Atlas Mountains..
Peacock Pavilions has been featured in dozens of media, including Elle Décor, House & Garden, Food & Wine, as well as on CNN, House and Garden TV, and the Travel Channel.l. Additionally, Peacock Pavilions is a favorite for beautiful parties, including for designer Jimmy Choo, as well as for fashion shoots, including for J Crew.
In the Fall of 2016, Forbes Magazine named Peacock Pavilions 1 of the 8 most beautiful hotels in the world.
Maryam is an American designer, hotelier and humanitarian, as well as founder of the #tribalchic lifestyle brand, M.Montague. She lives in Marrakech at Peacock Pavilions with her architect husband and 2 children.
In addition to acting as Peacock Pavilions' hostess, she is also the creative director for the M.Montague Souk,her shop of tribal-inspired and Moroccan home décor. In her spare time, she loves to write and take pictures. Her blog, My Marrakesh, has won in the Annual Weblog Awards and is the only Africa-based blog to be in the Blog Hall of Fame. Her book, Marrakesh by Design was released by publishers in the US, UK and Australia, and was named a Best Book of the Year by the editors at Amazon and featured in over 100 media outlets.
Maryam is Travel & Leisure's Magazine's Marrakech expert and a frequent contributor to magazines and brands. She has been featured on CNN International several times and was recently in the New York Times Magazine with her favorite tips on the city. Forbes Magazine named her 1 of 6 "women hoteliers shaking up the travel world."
Immerse yourself in a world of color. Let the buzzing energy of the city carry you through a thousand years of culture, enveloped in the sweet perfumes of small boutique shops or the rich, deep aromas of spice arising from the stalls at the famed night market in the Ancient Medina.
Listed as one of the best places to travel in 2017 by both Forbes and The New York Times, Marrakech is having its moment. Don't you want to be a part of it?